Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Vision

On the very first minute of January 1, 2012, I realized this was going to be a different year, somehow I knew something big was going to happen.

It started on January 2nd 2012; I decided to leave for the office a few minutes early. I forgot we had the day off! When I got to the office and saw my supervisor, he sent me home. I didn't want to go home. I was already fully awake, so I decided to go to Rick's Bakery for breakfast. But, they were closed.

Ok, the Bagel Shop - hmm, not feeling it. Oh well, I'll go to Wal-Mart to get groceries. Hey, there's Panera! Ok, coffee and quiche sounds good. Plus, I need to keep reading the book of the month! Ok, sold.

Then, God showed up:

As I was reading the book, Expectations and Burnout, Women Surviving the Great Commission (for women on the mission field), I became aware of the people around me. The booths and tables were being filled by families, couples, and grandparents with small kids. I realized I was alone, and a horrible feeling began to fill me. I started to let the Lord know right away.

"God, look. I'm here all alone. This is terrible. I hate what is going on."
  I heard: "One, one twelve."
"Yes Lord. I know yesterday was New Years."
"Nooo! One, one, twelve."
"I know, Lord. Yesterday was January first, two thousand twelve."
"No! One One Twelve!"

So, I have experienced his directions many times. I have learned that when I hear Him three times, I know that I know that I KNOW I need to write something down. I took out the booklet and pen I carry in my purse.

"Ok, Lord. I am listening. What is one one twelve?"

Here is what I heard:

1 Hour, 1 Day, 12 Months- Commit to pray for a chosen missionary for one hour on a set date each month for twelve months.

A. Recruit a team of people
            1. Have them select one day from the month.
            2. They’ll commit one hour of that date to pray for the selected missionary.
            3. They’ll repeat this commitment on the date selected each month for 12 months.
B. Purpose
            1. For the missionary
                        a. To be blessed by prayer 365 days a year by the team
                        b. To continue meaningful contact with people from their home church
            2. For the team
                        a. To be blessed by prayer & develop friendships with missionary and each other
                        b. To learn about another culture
            3. Mobilization
a. To provide opportunities for "senders" to serve missionaries and to understand their ministries
                        b. To possibly recruit others to serve in missions

This is where the vision for OneOne12 began. To find out on how to start a prayer team for a missionary, contact Sussi at OneOne12Prayer@gmail.com

Please visit the 'Teams' page on the right
   

No comments:

Post a Comment